You’d be amazed how many calories you burn when wheeling. Yes, you are sitting down quite a bit. However, you are constantly climbing in and out of your Jeep to scout obstacles, running ahead for that photo, scrambling up hills with winch lines, etc etc.
3/4-1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste) + freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
1. Drain and rinse soaked cashews. With the food processor turned on, drop in your garlic cloves and process until chopped. Add in the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
Preparing the Lasagna
2. We used 2 jars of Muir Glen Garlic Roasted Garlic organic spag sauce to save time.
3. Her recipe also calls for sautee’d veggies, we skipped this step and went with a more traditional lasagna. If you want to include veggies:
Her recipe calls for chopping 1 sweet onion, 1 large red pepper, 2 small zucchini, 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, and minced 3 garlic cloves.
4. Boil the lasagna noodles.
5. Layer your lasagna as you wish. We went with sauce, noodles, cheese, mozz cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese. Our local store was OUT OF DAIYA so we gave Follow Your Heart a try and had to shred it at home. Not too bad, but I am a Daiya snob so next time I will be sure to use that.