You’d be amazed how many calories you burn when wheeling. Yes, you are sitting down quite a bit. However, you are constantly climbing in and out of your Jeep to scout obstacles, running ahead for that photo, scrambling up hills with winch lines, etc etc.
So it is important to eat well.
On the Rubicon trail earlier this month, I decided to use some Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles and Field Roast Italian sausages to whip up a sauce so meaty, it would make Ted Nugent blush (disclaimer: He’s an a$$h*#! and I can’t stand him).
Anyway, even though this is a simple recipe, it bears writing as it is super easy, delicious, and will be the envy of your camp. Trust me.
1. Start with prepping the spaghetti as usual.
2. Slice and pan fry 2-3 sliced Field Roast Italian sausages (I used olive oil).
3. Add sauce to a pan, heat on medium. Once the sauce is hot, pour in 3/4 of a bag of Beyond Meat Beefy Crumbles. Feel free to use feisty if you want.
4. Once the sausages are hot, add them to the sauce.
5. Drain the spaghetti, and pour the meaty deliciousness on top of it.
6. Add Parma, nootch, or anything else you want on top!
3 thoughts on “Trail Recipe: Spaghetti with Meatish Sauce”
Looks delish! I love your campfire creativity. Yum!
LikeLiked by 1 person