Any Massachusetts native worth their salt knows about Jordan Marsh and their amazing blueberry muffins. For people in the other 49 states, here is a summary: Jordan Marsh (pronounced in Mass. as Joadan Maash) was a department store in and around New England. There is some interesting history here. And here.
Some stores had bakeries inside (like Nordstrom’s today) and their blueberry muffins were sought after. Not too long ago, the baker that made the muffins leaked the recipe, so I knew we had to veganize it!
- 1.2 c. Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla (we used real)
- 2 Tbsps. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 6 Tbsps of water (follow instructions on Bob’s Red Mill packaging)
- 1/2 c. cashew milk – we used unsweetened original
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 2.5 c. organic blueberries
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together, add vegan eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, and alternate with amounts of cashew milk.
3. Mash 1/2 c. blueberries and stir in. Add rest of blueberries.
4. Grease muffin tin, pour in mix.
5. Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins.
6. Bake on 375 for 30 minutes, (ours averaged 20 mins) or until brown and not sticky in the middle.
Yield is 18 small muffins.
They are delicious and do not last long around the house! These would also make a GREAT trail companion for those early morning Jeep meetups!